Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Frequently Asked Questions


I selected dates and went ahead and placed an order for a trip. But you haven’t asked for any payment details. What’s going on?

We want to assign the best guides and hosts to you, so we need to check your preferred dates against our available resources.

Once you submit a request to book a trip, an Altertrips Travel Curator will be in touch with you with 24-48 hours, to confirm it.


I’d like to customise a Packaged Tour. Is that possible?

No, it’s not. It’s not possible to customise a Packaged Tour of a Group Tour, so you’ll have to check the details and itinerary carefully before you book.

But the good news is that we do offer customised holiday services, even to destinations that are not listed on the website! You can get in touch with us at hello@altertrips.com and send us a query. A Travel Curator will then get back in touch with you and work with you to plan a perfectly tailored holiday for you!


How safe are your tours for solo travellers?

Very safe! Safety of our travellers and guides are of utmost importance to us. All our guides are vetted and reviewed. They are trained to handle solo travellers, families, large and small groups, students, and seniors. Our Travel Curators will always be on-call during the span of your holiday. Our founders have been solo female travellers themselves, so they are well aware of how important safety is.


What happens after you check my preferred dates against available ones?

If your dates are available, we send you a PayPal link via which you can pay for the trip. You can pay with your PayPal account or with a credit/Debit Card. You can also pay a 25% advance or in full (see Cancellations & Refunds in the next column).

If your dates are not available, we inform you within 24-48 hours and offer up alternative dates or the next availability. You don’t have to pay anything till you confirm the dates.


I have a query regarding a tour/policy/payment or I want to cancel. What do I do?

Email us at hello@altertrips.com for tour-related questions. Email us at support@altertrips.com for payment, cancellation and refund related questions.

Cancellations & Refunds


Do I have to pay in full when I book?

For Day Trips and Experience Only Tours, you will have to pay in full.

For Group Trips and Package Tours, there is an option of paying 25% of ticket cost in advance, when you book. Just use the coupon code 25ALTERTRIPS (case sensitive) and you will be able to pay only 25% of the ticket cost, to book a place in the tour.

However, we don’t charge you till the time we check your preferred dates against availability. You will have to pay only after your dates are confirmed by an Altertrips Travel Curator.


If I pay an advance to book a place, how long will you hold the reservation?

If you use the coupon 25ALTERTRIPS to pay only 25% of the ticket cost, you’ll have to pay the rest of the 75%, 45 days before the start date or departure date. If you fail to pay before 45 days, we will cancel the reservation.


Is my 25% advance booking fee refundable?

Yes! if you cancel your trip 45 days prior to the start date or departure date. Not otherwise.


I reserved a place by paying an advance booking fee for a trip that is about to start in 45 days. Will it be refundable if I choose to cancel later or if I don’t pay the rest?

Nope! Since you’re paying within the 45-day window, your advance will not be refundable, whether you pay the rest or not.


I’ve paid for my trip in full. Is it refundable?

Yes, under these conditions:

  • Any Group Trip or Package Tour is fully refundable if cancelled 45 days prior to start date or departure date. Non-refundable within 45 days of the trip.
  • Any Day Trip or Experience Only Tour is fully refundable if cancelled 14 days prior to start date or departure date. Non-refundable within 14 days of the experience.